Whether or not to spend the money to get your house in tip top shape is a marketing decision – but repairing major problems isn’t. Try to correct any of the following issues before your home hits the market. If you don’t, any offers will probably be on the low side – and contingent upon your repairing the items anyway.
- Leaking roof.
- Malfunctioning heat or air conditioning.
- Problems with electrical or alarm systems.
- Leaking or broken plumbing system.
- Malfunctioning septic system.
- Broken windows.
- Structural problems.
- Correct any code violations.